Pages

Thursday 25 February 2010

Being under Erasure!

hello there. I'm sorry it's been such a dreadfully long time since I've posted anything. I think I may have mentioned somewhere that my brother has been ill, so that's been pretty horrible... Anyway, I had a few hours while watching The Empire Strikes Back to draw this little number. Being-under-Erasure is a phrase that Derrida gets from Heidegger i think, but I'm not entirely sure how the latter uses it. For Derrida it's a case of the notion of Being always being compromised by language. Either that or it's something to do with the British pop group Erasure. In fact, I'm happy to admit I am not entirely sure what Derrida means when he says it: I tend to think that his philosophy is generally to do with most things being inherently paradoxical, but apparently there's more to it than that. Anyone?

Oh, also if you like choose your own adventure stories then look at this
...just one of the many nice things I found at the Brighton Zine fest...buy it and support local artists, and maybe zombies...

beccaxo

1 comment:

  1. Heidegger used the strikeout over the word Being or spelled it Beyng. Apparently this was to stop people thinking of Being as a being.

    ReplyDelete