Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Day 18: R is for Reification

So two little ideas today, which do you prefer? Eagle eyed observers will note that Being is already objectified so the joke is a bit redundant, but y'know I couldn't think of anything else for R....;-)

My understanding is that Reification (in the Marxist sense, which is the one am referencing) is a sort of objectification or solidification of things which are in fact fluid. Hence the cuboid Being in the right hand corner.

here is the obligatory wiki-link to the subject in question, for those of you who are interested in finding out more.

S for Scottish Enlightenment tomorrow. Beam me up Scotty.

Becca x


1 comment:

  1. These are both making me laugh, but I think "big-boned" is my favorite.

    Another possibility: R is for Rektoratsrede ...

    ReplyDelete